If you are planning to go wedding dress shopping soon, you might be wondering what to wear to try on different styles and find your dream gown. Here are some tips on what to wear when trying on wedding dresses, based on expert advice and common sense.
- Wear a nude or light-colored bra that fits you well and matches your skin tone. You can opt for a strapless or convertible bra that can be adjusted according to the neckline and back of the dress. Avoid bras with lace, padding or embellishments that might show through the fabric or alter the shape of the dress.
- Wear nude or light-colored underwear that is comfortable and seamless. You don’t want to see any panty lines or colorful prints distracting you from the beauty of the dress. You can also wear shapewear if you prefer, but make sure it is thin, breathable and covers the areas you want to smooth out.
- Wear shoes that are similar in height and style to what you plan to wear on your wedding day. This will help you see how the dress fits and flows with your footwear, and also how much hem alteration you might need. Just remember to bring a pair of flats or sandals for walking around the salon or changing rooms.
- Avoid wearing any extra accessories, such as jewelry, belts, scarves or hats. These can interfere with the look and feel of the dress, and might clash with the style or color of the gown. The only accessory you should wear is your engagement ring, if you have one.
- Bring a hair tie or clip to pull your hair back and see the details of the dress, such as the neckline, sleeves and back. You can also wear your hair in a similar way to how you plan to style it on your wedding day, to get a better idea of how it will complement the dress.
- Wear makeup that is natural and flattering, but not too heavy or dramatic. You want to enhance your features and look like yourself, but not overshadow the dress or stain the fabric. You can also bring some blotting papers or powder to touch up your face if you get sweaty or oily.
By following these tips, you will be ready to try on wedding dresses and have a fun and productive shopping experience. Remember to keep an open mind, listen to your gut, and enjoy the process of finding your perfect gown.